Friday, March 20, 2015

Caroline Josephine - 1 Year

My Cara, my sweet bundle of joy-filled energy. You keep me moving and challenge everything I ever thought I knew about babies and parenting. This has been one busy year for us! You did not stay still very long that is for sure. During your 6th month you learned how to sit, crawl, pull up, and cruise around furniture; during your 8th month you began walking all by yourself! My little one year old, you are the fastest moving toddler in town! Your agility and speed puts all your peers to shame. You're already jumping while holding the side of your crib, or holding my hands on the trampoline. I can tell you are going to do great things and you are going to do them FAST!

You excel at so many things! I cannot believe just how talented and friendly you are. The first week after you were born you were already making eye-contact with people and smiling. Our dog Barkley has become your close buddy; both because you give him attention and treats and because he makes you giggle so hard even when he knocks you over. I believe you two are well matched in energy! People are drawn to your squirmy silliness, and they love your beautiful blonde hair and brilliant smile. You are a very special little girl, and I am so proud to call you my daughter!

I have spent much of this year exhausted, since you do not sleep though the night even still. Cara, we have got to change that in the next year! I do sometimes really enjoy our 2am snuggles and I know the day will come when I'll miss them terribly. At the moment I would like to take a break and sleep for a few nights. You are determined to get things when you want them and the way you want them ... you are loud! I love your determination and the fact that you're not willing to settle for anything (so much like your Mommy). You may have to change your methods over time, but don't ever lose that self confidence or certainty and decisiveness! To be so young and know who you are is a rare and wonderful thing.

I pray for amazing things in your future and for God to draw you to Himself. I have asked Him to let you choose Him the first chance you get, and for His will to be yours. Every night I pray for your safety; for Him to hold you close and protect you. With your adventurous spirit His protection over your life is SO important! I have watched Him rescue you from falling down our stairs, keep your head from making contact with countless objects, and He has alerted me when I've needed to intervene when you were doing some kind of dangerous climbing maneuver. You are my "little monkey"; your balance and fearless endeavors keep me in awe.

You have learned so much this year! In addition to being a little monkey you have learned some baby sign language and you are talking. You yell "MaMa" when you want me. You have learned to sign for "milk" and "more", but most recently you learned to sign "sorry" and even used it correctly yesterday when I was scolding you for shrieking. You LOVE to clap and smile! You wave "bye-bye" but prefer even more to wave "hi" (even to complete strangers at the opposite end of the aisle in the grocery store). You crave social interaction and draw people to you.

It's a funny thing having two children. While I was pregnant with you I loved you, but I had this terrible feeling that I could not love another baby the way I loved Katie. But then, YOU were put in my arms and as I kissed your for the first time I whispered to you "I love you as much as I love Katie" and I meant every word of it. When you meet your baby for the first time you love them and as each day passes you love them more. The moment I laid eyes on you I KNEW I loved you EXACTLY the same as I loved Katie in that moment! It's a beautiful thing, love ... God always gives you more. The love I have for you now is even greater than it was the day you were born! I expect it will continue to grow forever.

Sweet Caroline I adore your outgoing personality and adventurous nature. You keep me busy and often exhaust me, but I wouldn't want you to be anything or anyone else. You are exactly as God made you to be and you are my "Starshine". On my most difficult day I can look into your beautiful blue eyes and see that sparkle of life; your smile melts my heart. I am proud to be your Mommy and I look forward to all the silly and wonderful things you will bring into my life. I know you are going to be an incredible big sister - loving and caring, and excited to show the baby the entire world. Like Katie you will also be a big sister worth looking up to, and I am so excited to see all the adventures you will have with your little brother or sister.

I love you so much! I feel so blessed that God has allowed me to "borrow" you from Him. I love being your Mommy; your squirmy silliness brings a lightheartedness to my life that I so very much need. You have worked your way so deep into my heart that even when I'm away from you for a couple hours I ache to snuggle you and kiss your head. I am so thankful that I get to spend everyday with you and I look forward to the adventures you will be taking me on in the years ahead. You are my sweet Carabear and I love you, possibly more than you'll ever know! Happy 1st Birthday little girl.
Love, Mommy
September 9, 2012 5:05pm

No comments:

Post a Comment