Friday, March 20, 2015

Katelyn Grace - 4 Year

Katie, my sweet, sweet girl. Oh, how I love you! You have worked so hard this year. You are an extraordinary little girl and I have such big dreams for you.

Preschool has been a better experience than I ever could have imagined; you have learned so much. Your dedication and perseverance is inspiring. I cannot believe what a difference one year can make. We are still working hard on developing your language skills especially social language. So many other areas of development are catching up faster, but I eagerly anticipate the day we can have a conversation without struggle :) We did get confirmation that your receptive language is at or above age level. You amaze me daily.

You blew out your first ever birthday candle when we celebrated at Disney - I almost cried. We bought you a taller tricycle and you peddled so fast I was shocked. You started calling me Mommy and snuggling more than ever before. I am so proud of you! I worry and I cry over your struggles, but I have been and am always proud that you are MY Katie.

You have not struggled with Baby Julia's arrival like you did with Cara. Even Julia's crying does not seem to bother you as much. You still occasionally cover your ears, but you don't cry when it happens. You snuggle, kiss, and hold her a little. She loves you and any attention you give her delights both Julia and Mommy. You are a wonderful big sister.

I am working hard to help you with all I can. I figured out that you have a digestive system disorder. This has required a major change in diet, and you have handled these changes with such grace and acceptance. In May you stopped consuming casein, the protein in milk, your very favorite nutrient since you stopped nursing. In July your diet went gluten-free. Since then I have removed corn, bananas, and a number of other foods containing high amounts of salicylic acid from your diet. Everyday you do something new and seem increasingly clear and focused. But even before all these dietary changes you were always working hard and I could already see great accomplishment.

I pray for you all the time and have great vision for your life. This has been a year of hope and the start of healing. I dream of the day you stand before an audience and share your testimony that is your life story. God loves you so very much little one, and He put you here with a very special purpose. I love you too and I believe in you :) Happy belated Birthday!
Love, Mommy
October 14, 2014 12:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment