Friday, March 20, 2015

Katelyn Grace - 2 Year

My sweet Katie, I cannot believe just how grown up you are! In the last year you have become my "big girl" there's nothing baby about you anymore ... and it makes me a little sad that you're growing up so fast, but I am SO proud of you.

You have learned your ABC's, 10 different shapes, you can count to 10 in English and Spanish, you can count objects, you love to count backwards from 5 and then say "blast off", and you enjoy repeatedly counting to 20. You can also identify 10 different colors, but you like to pretend not to know the difference between red and green sometimes ... it's a game you play with me; however, I was really worried for a couple days before I realized it was a game.

This year you have given countless hugs and learned to give kisses! I love both so much!!! You are such an affectionate little bundle of energy. I can throw my arms open wide and you'll come running full force from the opposite side of the room. You have become so much more of a snuggler than you ever were before. I love that about you! You love to climb up into my lap and read books together or watch Dora; however, we really haven't been able to do that much during the past couple months. With my big baby belly ... you and the baby just don't fit on my lap together, and I feel really guilty about not being able to snuggle you as much as I'd like.

It has been a really busy year and you have been the most amazingly understanding little girl. When you were just 15 months I became pregnant, and about 6 weeks later I was feeling really sick. For the next 6 weeks I tried to rest and not throw up, and you learned to completely entertain yourself! One particular day I took a long nap while you just watched Dora and played with your toys. You learned that snacks and a sippy cup were always available in your diaper bag, and some days you just took care of yourself when you were hungry. We got through that time together, and by the time you were 18 months I was feeling much better. For a short time things went back to normal. Unfortunately, the last month or two has been really hard for us again. I am looking forward to everything going back to a new normal soon!

At this time last year you were just walking and starting to run a little, but now you run anytime you want and just a couple weeks ago you learned to jump. This is still your favorite physical activity! You can jump several times in a row, and you even jump forward to get from one place to another. Sometimes you demand to get out of the cart at the grocery store and jump along side me. It's adorable and exhausting, but I love your energy!

You are a kind, obedient, sweet little girl. I am so amazed by your intellect and my heart is warmed by your loving spirit. I cannot imagine a more wonderful child ... You were made by God exactly for me! I love you so much Katie and I hope someday you know just how much you have blessed my life.

I'm a little late writing your letter this year because Caroline was born on your 2nd birthday. Grandma took care of you and even took pictures of you enjoying your presents and we had cake at the hospital, but I can't help it ... I feel so guilty that I missed enjoying your birthday with you. I hope someday you see Cara as a gift. I think it's truly special that September 1st has become my most special day 2 times, and I look forward to next year when we all get to celebrate your birthday together. You will always be my special 1st baby and please don't think for a moment that because now Cara is here I love you any less. In fact, the last 6 days have really reminded me just how special you are and I love you even more. I know Cara has a wonderful big sister to look up to; you make me so proud.

I love you Katie, and I look forward to seeing what the next year brings for us!
Love Mommy
September 7, 2011 12:42pm

No comments:

Post a Comment