Friday, March 20, 2015

Katelyn Grace - 1 Year

Dear Katelyn,
I cannot believe that you are already 1 year old ... it's hard to believe that at this time last year you were just an hour and 1 minute. Now you are sleeping in your crib so sweetly - just like a big girl. You have grown so much and I am more amazed by you everyday. I feel so incredibly blessed to be your Mommy - I cannot believe that God picked me. I love you so much! You are a blessing and a joy ... the most wonderful child I have ever met. You are far more beautiful than I ever could have imagined, filled with more joy than I ever thought possible, and you make my life so much better than I ever dreamed. I have wanted to be a Mommy since I was 5 years old, and now that dream has been a reality for a year - I was right, being a Mommy is EXACTLY what I always wanted to be. You make it so easy!

You are a dear and precious gift from God, and no matter what I WILL ALWAYS love you! I have big dreams for you little girl. I know that our Lord loves you dearly and I know you will love Him back. I want you to have peace, to love others without reservation, and follow God's plan for your life. I am certain He has something special in mind for you! You are an amazing person and from the moment I laid eyes on you I knew in my heart that this was true. You are so young still but I can see glimpses of the woman you will someday be. You bring smiles to everyone around you, and you melt my heart with your love. My favorite thing you have done this year is when I realized you were hugging me for the 1st time. I've been hugging you as often as I can from the moment you were laid in my arms, but one day you put your head on my shoulder and wrapped your arms around my neck and held on for just a few moments. It happens more often now and every hug is special to me, but that first time is my favorite moment.

Your accomplishments can go on for pages - sign language, crawling, talking and walking just to name a few. I love when you are obedient, and when I can sneak in on you playing alone. Your love of books and reading is special and I am so happy I get to be a part of it. You adore animals and water - I call you my little fishy. You snuggle so sweetly and give wet open mouth kisses. I taught you to kiss Spot goodnight as you close the book - ridiculous but incredibly adorable. You try hard to be "gentle" with Barkley. You can point to your head (and you say head - sounding more like hea), you can also point to your ear and your mouth. You can hold 1 finger up when asked how old you are and you put your arms up for "so big". Cheerios are your favorite finger food. You also like diced banana and shredded cheese; however, your absolute favorites to date are milky (nursing) and Gerber yogurt. You had key lime pie and whipped cream for dessert tonight and the wait staff at Lone Star restaurant sang to you and clapped. You were a little overwhelmed, but seemed to love the attention. The sugar hit you on the way home and you were so silly in the car! I loved every minute of it. I took a lot of pictures and video.

That's all for this year - I just want you to know that above all else YOU ARE LOVED! I am so thankful that God has trusted me with you, and I am so blessed that you are the incredible child that you are. I am SO proud of you! I am a little sad that you are growing up so quickly, but I am excited about the new adventures we are going to have this next year!

I love you Little Bear - sleep well.
Love Mommy
Wednesday September 1, 2010 8:10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment